Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Challenges for a New Year 2011

Happy New Year!!
Short review of 2010
March - Found out we were expecting our first baby.
May  - Moved into a hotel room with temporary housing.
April  - Went under contract to buy a house purchase was finalized in June.
June - Found out that baby was going to be a girl.
July - Moved to Wamego K.S.  
September  - Started a part time work at a local day care quit the end of October.
November -   Due on the 8th. 12 days over due date.  Induced and had Charleigh Grace on the  2oth.

This next year, 2011, is bringing some new challenges.  That is why I am starting this blog.  I am 39 years old and a mother for the first time.  I use to make fun of people who were this old and starting a family.  Now that person is me. In a matter of minutes, my life has changed.  I am getting less sleep.  I have to do more multi-tasking seeing that there are 3 of us.   I am having to work on some of  my control issues, trying not to worry about things I can't change and just trusting God and his faithfulness. I love every minute of this change.   My baby is an angel.  Her facial expressions are so cute and  when she does cry, which isn't very often, she has a glottle stop and whimper that make my heart want to sweep her into my arms and fix it.

So I am entering the process of journaling at  6 weeks.  I am staying at home with  her so I am also adjusting to not having tons of dead lines and feeling like I am running around with my head cut off.  Instead I am doing more house work and still planning on getting licensed to have a day care in our home to bring in some extra money.  We are having to wait for home renovations to get done for that to actually happen.  Having all this time has been a struggle for me  but I am adjusting and trying to be productive.  Maybe  recording certian aspects of this new journey will  help me stay focused. 

My post will include topics that pertain to the goals for this year; such as: 
Figuring a healthy balance being a wife and a mother.
Getting this business venture going
Getting back into shape
Keeping  my relation with Jesus vibrant with all this change

Hope you enjoy reading about the journey...any helpful tips would be more than welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to see how this year turns out for you and your family of 3!

    ReplyDelete