Thursday, April 28, 2011

Watch me grow!

Its that time of the year!!!   Cant believe its time to plant the garden. Actually for Kansas I am a little late compared to others.  I have an excuse.  I have a baby.  I also have been going down the list of how to improve our back yard and it is getting overwhelming. Last night a friend came over and brought his rota tiller to help me prep the garden. The plot of land was all filled with weeds.  Underneath  the weeds there is nice dark soil infused with worms 

As the tiller  cut through the earth I was so glad I didn't have to do all that by hand.  Planting the seeds
and wondering if the plant will grow  is kind of  exciting.  This part of the process is the perfect time to reread the parable of the sower and the seed (Luke 8).  It is a good  time to refelect what the soil in my life is like.  I think I have been like the weeded soil and let things like business and tiredness crowd in and steal my nutrients, spending time with God reading bible and praying, helping others, finding people to connect with.  So just like we are doing to our yard it is time to deal with the weeds and start planting new seeds of thought.

I am planting this outdoor vegtable garden with only things I know we will use.  I am hoping that will help us cut down on the amount of money we spend on groceries. So my motivation is to meet  the needs of my family by being able to cook with fresh ingredients.  Hopefully the garden will produce so much we can be generous and share with others.

Other updates
Most my goals are at a stand still point or in push pause at least for the last week.  I have lost a few more pounds so that is a plus. 
But last night  Bill plopped a large pile of paper on the couch and said "there you go."  He has been dilegently writing a book so I get to be the first to read it.  I am excited to see the product of  his creative processes. His dream is to self publish the book and sell enough books to make us independently wealthy.  That would be awesome.

Charleigh is growning and changing everyday.  She is like a little sponge suprising us with neat new advances daily.  I will have tell you more about that later.  It is our bed time and we all need our beauty sleep.

 Good night to all of you!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment