- Reading -- Matthew 5 2:20 AM---Jesus introduces new expectations and new twist on rules
- Weigh in -- lost 1 lb. but you know how weight fluctuates throughout the day so I am not going to make this the total measure of my success. However, I will try to weigh in first thing in the morning after a feeding because I have discovered that with mommy milk I weighed a lb more.
- Exercise -- walking around Wal-Mart...does that count
- Calories -- I ate 2254 calories today which is just outside the range where i should be. The problem today was food choices. My food choices were bad but self- discovery was good. What discovery did I make?
- Story -- My husband and a friend were working on a home improvement project so I bought them Subway sandwiches for lunch as I left Wal Mart. Wait!, let me back track a moment. While in Wal-Mart my husband called and told me the girl scouts brought us our cookies that I ordered at the beginning of November. So I ordered 3 Subway and figured that since the guys were doing hard work I would buy them a treat. I got 6 cookies: 2 Macadamia Nut White Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, or Oatmeal Raisin...all my favorite. I figured we could each have 2. On the way home I remembered the girls who brought cookies to our house already. I ate one Macadamia Nut. Then after the guys chose the ones they wanted I ate a Chocolate Chip cookie that was left. Then I looked up the calories. They were both 200+ calories. When I told my husband how many calories they had he replied, "Why did you even buy them?" "I bought for a treat for you guys because you were working so hard." Then it dawned on me that deep down inside I bought them because I wanted them and they were my excuse. I would call that self sabotage. Grrr!!! But knowing that is the beginning of the battle, right?
Now tomorrow when my husband is at work and I am home alone with no one to see what I am doing; how am I going to stay out of those cookies? I could toss them in the trash...no to extreme. I could share some with the neighbors...but they probably all got hit up by the actual girl scouts and have a stash of them already. I could limit myself to a few cookies a day... if I start I won't stop at least by myself so I will have to have Bill around to keep me accountable...Save them for a special occasion. That sounds like a pretty good idea. I just have to tell myself no and walk away, (if the cookies decide to call my name some afternoon around 3). Well guess I have my work cut out for me. On that note I am signing out. Sleep well.