Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Clinging by Faith

 I am sitting on my couch drinking hot tea on a foggy morning all alone because my daughter is still asleep.  (She slept through the night.  Yeah!!!)   I am taking this time to read my Bible and jot down some thoughts on how I am renewing my mind.
I love being a stay at home mom; it  has been a dream of mine since I was young.  Probably because my mom did it  and I just see so many benefits to being the one who raises my daughter.  There have been a couple potential obsticals lately.  I am trying to keep a good prespective but it seems as though waiting for things to happen is wearing me down. So this morning I am reading about being a praying Mom.  I notice there are verses that have been jumping out at me the last few days speaking to all the situations at hand.  It gives me hope that I will continue to be able to fulfill this desire of my heart.

Mark 9:23-24
A man with a demon possessed son has asked Jesus, "If you can do anything... help us?"
Jesus's answer to the man..."If  you can?"  said Jesus, "EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE FOR HIM WHO BELIEVES."
The man  immediately exclaimed' "I do BELIEVE; help me with my unbelief."  The demon was driven out.

Mark 5
A woman touched Jesus and just from hearing what had been spoken about Him she reached out and touched his cloak with FAITH (BELIEF) that she would be healed because of WHO HE WAS.  Instantly, she was healed.  And there was a man whose daughter was very sick.  Before they got to his home someone came saying she has died. Jesus ignored them and said, " Do not be afraid, just BELIEVE!!!"  With a word  and a touch she was breathing, walking and eating.

This is how I feel right now.  Things are looming on the horizon and can go two ways God can step in and provide what we need or we will have to change our plans completely. My tendincy is to worry and complain but  I am trying to turn over a new leaf.
 I am stating in written words that  I am choosing to BELEIVE that God can do what he says he can do despite what by realism mentality tells me.

God,
 I know you can do all things.  The Bible is full of examples of how Jesus just spoke and the miraculous happened. I have seen it in my personal past.  You are the same yesterday, today, and forever so YOU can do it again in this situation where there are huge needs in my physical and spirtual surroundings.  I know that I am not believing in the circumstance to change or in the actions I am taking it and  letting it rest on YOU, GOD  the AUTHOR AND CREATOR OF ALL THINGS and that YOU ARE ABLE TO ABOVE AND BEYOND WHAT I CAN ASK OR IMAGINE. 

This transformation or metamorphis that is happening to me has to happen from the inside out.  A change of how I think, how I see, how I respond, and a reaffirmation of where I put my hope and trust continually.  If you think of it you could say a little prayer that my journey will reap good fruit.

So all I can say now is:
I Cor 15:57- 58
Thanks be to God!  He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.  Let  nothing  move you .  Always give yourselves fully to the  work of the Lord because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment