Friday, March 25, 2011

Finishing a thought at 2AM is sometimes necesary

I have not blogged for a while. I have started 3 but it is hard to finsh a thought sometimes. Let me catch everyone up.  I have had many revelations in the past few weeks.  Most them are personal about how to be true to myelf. I am the only one who can make the decisions that can bring on change.
One change is Bill and I have started setting monthly goals.  Last month we started doing the couch to 5K. Due to the weather we couldn't start till mid March.  We are in week 2.  Week 1 was pretty smooth sailing.  Week 2 has been a little harder but I have increased my distance and amount of time I am runnng instead of walking. 

Last time I ran was 1 1/2 years ago.  I weighed less and had a consistent workout pattern already established when I started. My goal then was to run the Boulder Boulder a 10 K in Boulder, CO. I had 2 friends that I did the race with. One friend that challenged me and ran ahead...(she was a much faster runner)  and a another friend who stayed with me.  We helped each other keep our pace and encouraged each other to keep running all the way to the end.  I finshed running 6 miles in 1 hour 20 mins.   Knowing the race was coming helped me stay motivated.  I found a couple races in the area, one is a month away.   I figured  i could just run the cycles  that I would be running that week. The race is also going to benefit a good cause.I haven't commited yet I need to decide this week.
http://www.active.com/running/wamego-ks/luke-nihart-memorial-run-2011


April's goal I am setting for myself.I am going to memorize one Bible verse a week. Three of the sermon podcasts I listen to have all been talking about how lazy we are not to memorize The Word.  We memorize everything else except what truely edifys our souls. I am taking the verses out of that weeks Bible Study passage.  I actually decided to start this week.

 1 Peter 1:13-16NIV (typed from memory) Therefore, PREPARE you MIND for ACTION.  BE SELF-CONTROLED setting  your HOPE fully on the GRACE given you when Jesus Christ is reaveald.  Be OBEIDENT children...DO NOT BE CONFORMED to the evil desires you had when you lived in IGNORANCE.. [But just as he who called you is HOLY] be HOLY [in ALL you do] For it is written "BE HOLY for I AM HOLY".   (section in brackets I had to look)

MOTHERHOOD IS GREAT!
 
Our baby has hit the 4 months. The changes that we are seeing in her are astounding. Milestones include: rolling over and grabbing things with a great deal of ease.  She is also getting quite determined to get things that are out of reach.  If I put something behind her feet she can scoot a little ways to get a hold of it.  She laughs at the simplest things.
We are dealing with one  issue still:  her not wanting to take a bottle. The funny thing is she is so interested in food.  She is sittng in a high chair watching us eat.  When I am feeding the little girl I take care of she reaches for the spoon so I think she is gearing up to start eating solids. The doctor suggested we wait for the 5th month to start giving her cereal and baby food in the 6th month starting with vegtables.  My plan is to make my own baby food.  I am sure I will be blogging about that when the time comes.
  • So there are a few of the highlights...hopefully I will be better about blogging in the future.

1 comment:

  1. love the goals!! and loved running the bolder boulder with you!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete